Wednesday 19 March 2008

Start at the beginning

Hello, I'm Tim Wootton and I'm a wildlife artist, illustrator and writer and I live in the magical northern islands of Orkney. I'm starting this blog at a time of great flux for me and my family (more of whom later) as we have just successfully sold our lovely cottage by the sea, but have yet to find somewhere else to live! Although we have viewed several houses and quite a few piles of rubble, nothing has been quite suitable - either because of price, location, size or whatever (we're not fussy, honest!).


A renovation project seems the most likely as this would allow us to design the interior according to our own spec. which also includes a workspace/studio for me. The obvious down-side to this solution is the time it takes to complete the renovation - I have to find somewhere to work, making the transition as seamlessly as possible. It'll be fun!


Here are a few samples of my recent work. They are sketches drawn from life, drawn from the conservatory which overlooks a tidal bay, teeming with waders and ducks - it's a special place indeed.


No comments: